It’s time for a tutorial using Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps! I’ve been wanting to create a basic winter background for cards now that colder weather is appearing in the forecast! I’m sure there are many ways to create such a background, but I’m always looking for the simplest, least time consuming method! (*wink*) This is what I came up with:
- Prickley Pear Cardinals Clear Set
- Memento Inks (Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue, London Fog)
- a piece of paper to use for masking
- ink sponges
- white cardstock
- shimmer spray (I used white Heidi Swapp Color Shine)
- simple embellishments (gemstones, etc.)
- foam dots
5. Remove the mask and, after the ink has dried completely, stamp your main image/s & sentiment and add any desired embellishments.
Just think of all the holiday & winter themed cards you can use this kind of background for! I was going through some of the images in the store and these would be perfect as main images:
That’s just naming a few! You’ll want to go take a look at all the wonderful holiday images in the store!