Instead of a card today, I thought I’d share a favorite family recipe of ours. Ever heard of bierocks?! My DH ate these quite a bit growing up and now our family is eating them now and then too!
1. Prepare a loaf of bread using the “dough” setting on a bread machine (or make a batch of bread dough by hand).
2. Roll out the dough as if making cinnamon rolls (about 1/8-1/4 inch thickness).
3. Brown 1/2 pound of hamburger.
4. Add 3/4 small cabbage (shredded) & 1/2 of a diced onion (or substitute 1/2 Tbsp onion powder) to hamburger.
5. Cook until cabbage is soft.
6. Cut dough into 4-in. x 4-in. squares.
7. Fill each square with some of the cabbage/meat mixure.
8. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese on top of each one.
9. Roll up each square & place on a cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
We enjoy dipping these in mustard. The boys love ketchup as most kids do! The boys wanted to help shred the cabbage today and I was thankful for the help as DD was in one of her clingy moods!