It’s time again for the monthly 2012 One Little Word Blog Hop! I’m so excited to see what everyone has captured in photographs!
My word for this year is Nurture, so I found myself looking for ways to capture a glimpse of some of the things I’d like to nurture in myself and my family this year. Here is what I came up with:
With nine photos to capture, I used my word as the center (it needs tweaked a bit yet to fit the pocket better) and used eight additional words to support it. My current thoughts on these words:
- Love – This one is and always will be at the top of my list. A love for eternal things and a love for others is in the very foundation of our home as a family.
- Beauty – Not in a vain sense, but rather, an awareness and appreciation for the beauty in our surroundings and within other people. Sometimes this takes some looking, but I think it’s always present.
- Simplicity – To enjoy the simple things in life. The less noticed. To take notice of the simple moments of life and really appreciate them. Notice the mini marshmallows? Something so simple makes such a big difference, doesn’t it (at least to my boys, it does…)? 🙂
- Health – So many times we take this for granted. I want to nurture healthy habits so that we can enjoy good health now and in the years yet ahead.
- Nature – There is something about nature that brings a sense of calm whenever I am surrounded by it. We don’t get out in it enough. With all the technology that’s in the world today, we get so wrapped up in the tasks that need completed. I think we need to go take a few more lessons from Mother Nature.
- Laugh – This one seems to come more easily for children. I have fond memories of those “laugh until you cry” moments in childhood and, thankfully, I’ve had a handful of those moments since “growing up!” I want to have more of those moments, to have my children carry similar memories into adulthood. To find the humor in things more often! To truly be able to laugh at myself during those awkward moments.
- Creativity – A little creativity goes a long way in life and I want to nurture this in my children. Not only to enjoy creativity in the form of art, but to find solutions to everyday problems by putting a little thought into things.
- Positive – I really enjoy being around positive people. They lift me up. They help me smile. They help me laugh. I want to be one of those people who can be a positive influence on my family and others who I meet along life’s way. I want to encourage a positive attitude in my family. “Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.” ~Proverb
Now head on over to the next stop, Donna’s blog, for more OLW inspiration!
Here is this month’s blog hop order if you get lost:
Melissa C (You are here.)