I noticed today is World Health Day, according to the calendar attached to the front of our refrigerator! My mind started thinking about all the changes that I should be working on to make my family and myself a bit healthier this year. This is what I’ve been working on so far:
1. I’ve been trying to help my older two boys select fruits or raw veggies for snacks. I want to eventually get them into the habit of choosing those things regularly, but I know it takes time.
2. I’m starting to read the labels on foods more closely, checking for those trans fats that are lurking in more than I realized! Yes, the label says, “No Trans Fats!” but when I see that “partially hydrogenated” phrase in the ingredient list, I know better.
3. I’m incorporating more movement into my daily living. It’s so easy to sit or stand while working on projects. I’m trying to get those “Random Acts of Fitness” (RAOF’s) going again. You know, the ole park your car farther from the store entrance, take the steps instead of the escalator/elevator, etc. It’s the little things!
4. An exercise/weight lifting routine is in the works. It’s discouraging to remember the days before kids when I spent a good portion of my time working out and weight lifting at a gym! Whatever happened?! 🙂 My weight is not the problem, it’s the sagging that’s sneaking up on me! Since when did my arms jiggle when I wave? Aargh!
5. Sugar is my worst enemy and I’m trying to start out slow on defeating this one too. So many times, I’ve told myself, “NO sugar!” and then, well, you know what happens. I’m going to pick one little sugar habit at a time and get back to moderation!
Today, I wanted to make a relaxing sort of card to send to someone who is under a lot of stress right now. I’m thinking a massage gift certificate might find its way into it somehow. 🙂
Stamps – The Greeting Farm (Me Time Anya), SU Sweet Little Sentiments (sentiment)
Ink – SU Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise
Paper – Paper Trey white CS, SU Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise CS
Accessories – rhinestones (Kaiser), decorative edge scissors
I sponged the edges of the white cardstock with the Tempting Turquoise.
Challenges: SCS Ways to Use It #317